How to Add a Motherboard model to SVOD Programmer

• motherboard
  • keyboard
  • connector
  • hello

usually the new versions are not in svod database. there are 3 ways to program their i/o:

1. use compatible files with i/o which has same category motherboard.

for example: you can program a device from compal motherboard with this ite8586 model can be programmed with another compal motherboard file and the similar i/o. (if you come across an error, it’s fixable by clicking on “edit motherboard” and change first pin from left to right or inverse).

2. make a new motherboard file with the help of buzzer test.

in this lesson i would like to introduce, how to add motherboard to svod programmer, via buzzer test.

first of all, you must detect first pin of keyboard connector on laptop, which is usually determined by the number 1. like the picture below:

then like below tables and ic i/o model, detect whether it’s ene or ite.

for example we have compal nm-a273 z50-70 motherboard, which has 30 pins for keyboard connector. then we set the number of pins on 30 and select i/o model such as ite. notice the below picture.

so, according to above pins features table, we want to test i/o in ite model, start from 36th pin on i/o,  put one of the probe head on the pin and the other head on the first pin of keyboard connector on the board. then wait for buzzer beep. (in this board 7th pin is positive, and according to the pin table on 36th pin, you should set kso0, in front of 7th pin.

this process is applicable for all the pins you want to add, for example by buzzer test, the 62nd pin on i/o is connected to 5th pin of keyboard connector. so we set 62nd pin of ksi 4 software on 5th pin.

at last, if you have problem to identifying i/o, change the pin placement, like the first picture, because svod connector flat to keyboard connector might have twisted.so, the placement of first pin changes.

3. make new file with the help of motherboard schematics (it’s easier than buzzer test)

in this method, you need to have motherboard schematic which you can easily download in the site. for example, pins connection of lenovo e540 with nm-a161 motherboard and ite8586e model, is like this:

this can be replaced in the software!

hope you enjoyed. if you have any questions or problems, ask here, so that anything about this topic would be here.

good luck

• Somayyeh Ahmadi
    • Train
    • Asked on 20 November 10:38
    2 Answer (s)
    شكرا جيد جدا
    • nemer
    • Train
    • Answerd on 30 Nov 2016 10:27
    شكرا جيد جدا
    • nemer
    • Train