Technical Support Asus R558U no power

biling

Registered
Golden

Hi, I 've got Asus R558U with no power , not turned on. It would be great if you can find the schematic for me. Also in the attached photo, I have the 19V at the red dot but 0 on the opposit side. Coudl it be the problem of mosfets or capacitor. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Dr Bios 1.png
    Dr Bios 1.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 1

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi, I 've got Asus R558U with no power , not turned on. It would be great if you can find the schematic for me. Also in the attached photo, I have the 19V at the red dot but 0 on the opposit side. Coudl it be the problem of mosfets or capacitor. Thanks in advance.
asus platform haven't schematic file . i suggest you watch the video in dr bios site that solve the problem on b+ voltage . i guess motherboard have problem on b+ voltage . you can find problem with inject 1 volt to b+ line and check all component to find over temp

biling

Registered
Golden

Hi, I 've removed those 2 shorted MOSFET and checked other component ,there are so many shorted capacitor all around. I removed it and checked it one by one they all are good but there are still shorted on the board so i put it back. Then i injected 19v into the drain of the second MOSFET and it turns on with graphic display. There is no heat produced in anywhere so now i don't know how to check further, please advise. (PS i did tried changed the MOSFET but it did not turned on. so confusing.. :)

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi, I 've removed those 2 shorted MOSFET and checked other component ,there are so many shorted capacitor all around. I removed it and checked it one by one they all are good but there are still shorted on the board so i put it back. Then i injected 19v into the drain of the second MOSFET and it turns on with graphic display. There is no heat produced in anywhere so now i don't know how to check further, please advise. (PS i did tried changed the MOSFET but it did not turned on. so confusing.. :)
if you inject 19v to b+ line and laptop is turn on correctly , you must check ic charge and input musfet .

Lindu

Registered
Golden

asus platform haven't schematic file . i suggest you watch the video in dr bios site that solve the problem on b+ voltage . i guess motherboard have problem on b+ voltage . you can find problem with inject 1 volt to b+ line and check all component to find over temp
Pls where can I find the video b+voltage in Dr bios because I have run over the videos but didn't find thanks

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic

Users who has read this topic