Technical Support Asus X541UVK 3.3VA DSW is short to ground.

Tsiga

Tsiga
Registered
Golden

Hi!
My client brought to me Asus X540UJ.
Motherboard: X540UVK rev.2.0
The problem with this MB is the 3.3VA power circuit is short to ground. I did measured between 3-5Ohm to ground.
I tried injected voltage with 3.3V to coil, but it has picked up the full load from my lab power supply and the integrated chipset in processor get began to warm up.
I detached the 3.3V jumper (PJP8704) the short is ceased in coil side and also tried this with every jumper

Is there any other solution for find error, without removing the processzor?

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi!
My client brought to me Asus X540UJ.
Motherboard: X540UVK rev.2.0
The problem with this MB is the 3.3VA power circuit is short to ground. I did measured between 3-5Ohm to ground.
I tried injected voltage with 3.3V to coil, but it has picked up the full load from my lab power supply and the integrated chipset in processor get began to warm up.
I detached the 3.3V jumper (PJP8704) the short is ceased in coil side and also tried this with every jumper

Is there any other solution for find error, without removing the processzor?
chip have problem 100% and you must change it with new one

Tsiga

Tsiga
Registered
Golden

chip have problem 100% and you must change it with new one
IMG_0876.JPEG
I picked down. :)
If it is possible every VCC in processor is short to ground? I measured VCCGT, VCCCore,VCCIO, with diode mode and these VCC pins also short to GND pin. It is normal? (just for learning)

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

View attachment 59127
I picked down. :)
If it is possible every VCC in processor is short to ground? I measured VCCGT, VCCCore,VCCIO, with diode mode and these VCC pins also short to GND pin. It is normal? (just for learning)
wen you remove chip you must ohm check that lines , its so easy . when you check with diod check you checked mosfet . and if you like to know how to check mosfets i suggest you watch the this videos : link

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic