Finty.co the Best Repair Shop Management Software 💪30-Day Free Trial ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

How To Solve Backlight Laptop Problem Casper A15YA

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Admin

In Today's lesson, there is Casper Laptop. What’s the problem of the laptop?

After connecting a damaged USB, the graphic went off, before bringing the laptop to us, it had graphic problem.it has graphic but backlight of the graphic is not there. It’s natural to change LVD's cable and LCD, but there is no problem

Platform is Pegatron A15YA, Rev: 2.0

This kind of the platform used in DNS and Casper models. In the motherboard, VGA output is ok.

Because it has graphic stable and hasn't any problem, it reveals that without LVDS voltage, there won’t be graphic, It means there won’t be screen backlight, It won’t have light too.

Graphic signal controlled by south bridge, and voltages supplied by multi-controller.
Because there is light problem, so voltage problem is the cause of it .Therefore voltage problem may be produced by IO.in this way, i don’t have motherboard's schematic ,I have downloaded I/O standard diagram of its pins, the IO number is NPCE795LA0DX,it’s from this model multi-controller.

I have tested before these pins and their signals, i have tested with voltmeter, beforehand, and I have downloaded to show the diagram its LVDS pins diagram. And I am going to test pin number 35 and 36

Because these are giving main voltages of the graphic backlight's screen.

I tested the pin number 36 which has 3.3v but pin number 35 has not is not voltage.

The 65th pin of I/O sends voltage of light signal (LCD_EC_PWM) I have test it and it’s empty, it means , multi-controller doesn't send PWM signal. Multi-controller does not work completely, just that part which produce signal light does not work, it means that block which belongs to graphic light, doesn't work.
Follow the video to find the solution.

Attachments

• Backlight-laptop-problem_A15YA_EN.rar
    391.8 MB · Views: 36
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic