Technical Support HP Pavillion Gaming 15-dk0011la won't charge. Tested with different (working) batteries and AC adapters.

lazaro089

Registered
Golden

I have 2 of the same laptop. One is my personal laptop and the other one is from a client.

The client's notebook won't charge the battery. First I suspected battery issue, so I disconnected the battery and tested with NBLA Battery Analyzer.

Battery was a 0% charge but was unlocked and charged OK to 100%.

Then I replaced the battery with my own battery from my laptop. Battery works and discharges ok on my client's laptop but wont charge. Tried to boot with linux and
acpi command tells: Battery 0: Charging, 95%, charging at zero rate - will never fully charge.

The client's battery charges OK in my laptop, with my AC adapter and with the client's AC Adapter.

Client's Laptop does detect the AC adapter (no BIOS adapter warning). I already updated BIOS but can it be ME Region Problem? Hardware problem?

The Charger IC is an Intersil ISL88739. I do have an oscilloscope, microscope and other tools but don't know what to check first.

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Admin

I have 2 of the same laptop. One is my personal laptop and the other one is from a client.

The client's notebook won't charge the battery. First I suspected battery issue, so I disconnected the battery and tested with NBLA Battery Analyzer.

Then I replaced the battery with my own battery from my laptop. Battery works and discharges ok on my client's laptop but wont charge. Tried to boot with linux and
acpi command tells: Battery 0: Charging, 95%, charging at zero rate - will never fully charge.

The client's battery charges OK in my laptop, with my AC adapter and with the client's AC Adapter.

Client's Laptop does detect the AC adapter (no BIOS adapter warning). I already updated BIOS but can it be ME Region Problem? Hardware problem?

The Charger IC is an Intersil ISL88739. I do have an oscilloscope, microscope and other tools but don't know what to check first.
Unfortunately, Hossein Asadolahi is not feeling well ( Because of Covid 19 ) and needs to rest. He will answer you after recovery. Thank you for your understanding

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

sorry i can't understand it correctly .
do you means one battery (after repair it) charging in your laptop but in client laptop does not ???

lazaro089

Registered
Golden

Yes, both batteries do charge in my laptop. But in client's laptop don't.
I hope is the Charging IC but I don't know what to check.

PS: Hope you're feeling better Hosein!😊