Technical Support Laptop eMachines E442starts with no display intermittently

bledarh

Registered
Golden

I have an eMachines E442 laptop. I try to power it on and it powers with no display. Just once in 20 times it starts with display.
Its not a RAM issue. Please help me what could be wrong.

Thank you.

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

I have an eMachines E442 laptop. I try to power it on and it powers with no display. Just once in 20 times it starts with display.

Thank you.
reprogram bios with clear me file and after test it replay result .

Tsiga

Tsiga
Registered

Thank you.
AMD or Intel motherboard? If build with AMD, the problem likely with amd bridge. Reflow/reheat,probably it is working, but not so long. For Long term working change ic for a new.

Tsiga

Tsiga
Registered

Thanks for the response. It is AMD. What is the AMD bridge?
You need the north bridge.
in this generation, the motherboard has 2 different bridge. South and North bridge. you can find the north bridge near the processor, south bridge near KBC/SIO controller. You need the north bridge.

Tsiga

Tsiga
Registered

North bridge is near the DC jack/battery connector. Reheat it, probably that cause the problem.

bledarh

Registered
Golden

I tried heating the southbridge because there was no northbridge. What i noticed before was the the graphics chip was heating when turned on.

Tsiga

Tsiga
Registered

I tried heating the southbridge because there was no northbridge. What i noticed before was the the graphics chip was heating when turned on.
if this is your mb number which you wrote,
PEW96 LA-6552P.
Rev: 1.0
2010-07-07

the motherboard has a north bridge... and there is no dedicated gpu...
ATI RS880M is a "chipset" wich has include a north bridge and integrated low process gpu..

bledarh

Registered
Golden

I gave the motherboard to a friend who is saavy in electronics. Once I get I will take pictures and post it here. Thanks for replying.