Technical Support Omen by HP Laptop bios problem

Didam Power

Registered
Golden

Hi,
I have Omen by hp laptop 17-cb1xxx
motherboard model: GPC72 LA-J672P REV: 1.0

no display and 2.2 blinks and I requested bios file from here then I test the bios file (BIOS+EC), again the previous problem happened without caps lock blinking but fun spinning full and laptop power button turn on and no display, then I will try deference or second file from here again the same problem, so I have a bios bin file that I've taken from a friend this bin file can turn on the laptop but not good cuz can't find operation system but laptop display boot menu I can open bios menu and reset to factory setting but when I choose the hard drive laptop restarting and cannot boot up to OS.

Mrs. Salimeh Bolboli cleaned (ME) for the previous working bios file but then working bios isn't working and no display again

I attach 2 photos of both side of the motherboard and show those chips reprogrammed by me

Attachments

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi,
I have Omen by hp laptop 17-cb1xxx
motherboard model: GPC72 LA-J672P REV: 1.0

no display and 2.2 blinks and I requested bios file from here then I test the bios file (BIOS+EC), again the previous problem happened without caps lock blinking but fun spinning full and laptop power button turn on and no display, then I will try deference or second file from here again the same problem, so I have a bios bin file that I've taken from a friend this bin file can turn on the laptop but not good cuz can't find operation system but laptop display boot menu I can open bios menu and reset to factory setting but when I choose the hard drive laptop restarting and cannot boot up to OS.

Mrs. Salimeh Bolboli cleaned (ME) for the previous working bios file but then working bios isn't working and no display again

I attach 2 photos of both side of the motherboard and show those chips reprogrammed by me
plz test with this files and replay .

IMPORTANT : maybe at first boot get picture with delay so Be patient .

Attachments

Last edited:

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Laptop S/N CND0326YSZ

in bios laptop model is 17-cb1xxx but in laptop back cover laptop model 17-cb1007TX

thanks
send to me the serial number of laptop (laptop back cover ) not in bios . (laptop back cover)
both serial is same ???

Didam Power

Registered
Golden

Yes I re programmed both with your 1024kb ec file and I re program 16.777 kb bios chip with bios bin file in same folder containing ec file which you sent it to me

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Yes I re programmed both with your 1024kb ec file and I re program 16.777 kb bios chip with bios bin file in same folder containing ec file which you sent it to me
ops , one of that eprom is for gpu and you shoudent programe it . do you have back up of both eprom 1 mb ?

Didam Power

Registered
Golden

Thank you master for ur replay

I have backup just for this one watch the picture you see 1mb eprom, But I've already got 2 bios file here without removing top of the picture eprom and again bios not working without re programed top eprom

,and I have bios file working and laptop turn on but when I want to go to OS laptop turn off at the same time I re-programed both eprom with 1mb ec file in the same bios file
So I think this is not our problem I think problem in bios chip 16 mb chip

Attachments

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Thank you master for ur replay

I have backup just for this one watch the picture you see 1mb eprom, But I've already got 2 bios file here without removing top of the picture eprom and again bios not working without re programed top eprom

,and I have bios file working and laptop turn on but when I want to go to OS laptop turn off at the same time I re-programed both eprom with 1mb ec file in the same bios file
So I think this is not our problem I think problem in bios chip 16 mb chip
that eprom is for gpu chip , with edit or reprogram it with wrong file , laptop damaged . you must restore that eprom from orginal backup file . and another eprom is ec . and you must reprogram it only and bios .

Didam Power

Registered
Golden

thanks for ur replay
I have a backup just for this chip marked in red rectangular and this is for GPU or this is EC? I don't have a schematic did you have a schematic for this model if this marked chip is EC What I can do to the graphic eprom chip because I don't have a backup for graphic eprom when I want to program the second eprom I see it its empty chip what I can do this is an expensive laptop with gtx 2070 and core i7 gen 9? I really appreciate you if you help me in this case.

Attachments

Didam Power

Registered
Golden

because this eprom near into graphic I think this is for graphic card and I have a backup for this so I reprogram the chip with original backup and then I should program ec and bios chip with your bios+ec file on the top?

Attachments

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

because this eprom near into graphic I think this is for graphic card and I have a backup for this so I reprogram the chip with original backup and then I should program ec and bios chip with your bios+ec file on the top?
yes , do it and replay

Didam Power

Registered
Golden

Thank you

Now when I press the power button laptop power button light turn on and turn off after 3 second with your bios file

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Thank you

Now when I press the power button laptop power button light turn on and turn off after 3 second with your bios file
do you repress power button when laptop turned of after 3 second ??
at first boot maybe take some time to complete booting .
try me region that bios i send to you and test .

Last edited: