Technical Support Programming EC - NPCE288GA0DX - Lenovo LKL-1 MB 17821-2M

CyrusCC

CyrusCC
Registered
Golden

Hi,

I would be grateful if you can help me to program above EC IC (NPCE288GA0DX). My programmer is RT809H. I try to use its main adapter (NPCE288/388 V11) with no luck. It gives me bad connection error for 3 pins. I use NPCE288NA0DX with the same adapter with no fault.

I'm wondering to know if I need to program this IC (NPCE288GA0DX) in ISP mode or there is another solution for it.

Thanks in advanced.

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi,

I would be grateful if you can help me to program above EC IC (NPCE288GA0DX). My programmer is RT809H. I try to use its main adapter (NPCE288/388 V11) with no luck. It gives me bad connection error for 3 pins. I use NPCE288NA0DX with the same adapter with no fault.

I'm wondering to know if I need to program this IC (NPCE288GA0DX) in ISP mode or there is another solution for it.

Thanks in advanced.
if you can program another novoton ec so programmer and your doing is ok . maybe NPCE288GA0DX have problem . pinout of both ic for program is same .
i suggest you program ec on motherboard with kbc slot .

CyrusCC

CyrusCC
Registered
Golden

if you can program another novoton ec so programmer and your doing is ok . maybe NPCE288GA0DX have problem . pinout of both ic for program is same .
i suggest you program ec on motherboard with kbc slot .
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I would be grateful if you can provide me the pin and the KBC IC model for RT809H programmer if I must use ISP mode. I don't know which pins to setup in programmer menu as I don't have any schematic for the MB.

Regards

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I would be grateful if you can provide me the pin and the KBC IC model for RT809H programmer if I must use ISP mode. I don't know which pins to setup in programmer menu as I don't have any schematic for the MB.

Regards
i havent rt809 so i cant help you . you can use other motherboard's schematic that use this io for know pinout of that . like this model of yoga laptop that have this io . with this boardview file you can make pin config for program that.

Attachments

• LCL-1 14283-1.brd
    282.8 KB · Views: 5

CyrusCC

CyrusCC
Registered
Golden

HI,

That's what I needed. Thanks. Please also provide me its schematic.

could you please help with the pins? Which pins of the IC needed to be connected to which pins of the kbc slot? I try to find them from the adapter I use, but need to be sure about it.

Last edited:

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

HI,

That's what I needed. Thanks. Please also provide me its schematic.

could you please help with the pins? Which pins of the IC needed to be connected to which pins of the kbc slot? I try to find them from the adapter I use, but need to be sure about it.
this config for tnm5000 programmer :

ISP1 KSO5=pin44
ISP3 KSO13=pin52
ISP5 KSO12=pin51
ISP7 KSO14=pin53
ISP10 GND=pin11

KSO0=pin39 must be pulled low by 470 ohm resistor (to gnd)
KSO6=pin45 must be pulled hi by 1k ohm resistor . (to vcc)
pin125=VCC 3.3V

CyrusCC

CyrusCC
Registered
Golden

this config for tnm5000 programmer :

ISP1 KSO5=pin44
ISP3 KSO13=pin52
ISP5 KSO12=pin51
ISP7 KSO14=pin53
ISP10 GND=pin11

KSO0=pin39 must be pulled low by 470 ohm resistor (to gnd)
KSO6=pin45 must be pulled hi by 1k ohm resistor . (to vcc)
pin125=VCC 3.3V

Hi,

These are the IC pins regards to the boardview you provided:

44 ---> KBC VCORF
52 ---> KCOL0
51 ---> KCOL15
53 ---> KCOL1
11 ---> LAN LINKUP#
39 ---> KCOL7
45 ---> GND
125 --> LPC SERIRQ CPU

Are these the pins you mentioned I should connect? I cannot trust connecting some of them the way you mentioned until you recheck them.

Thanks

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi,

These are the IC pins regards to the boardview you provided:

44 ---> KBC VCORF
52 ---> KCOL0
51 ---> KCOL15
53 ---> KCOL1
11 ---> LAN LINKUP#
39 ---> KCOL7
45 ---> GND
125 --> LPC SERIRQ CPU

Are these the pins you mentioned I should connect? I cannot trust connecting some of them the way you mentioned until you recheck them.

Thanks
no this is not true bro .
you must connect
ISP1 KCOL5=pin36
ISP3 KCOL13=pin47
ISP5 KCOL12=pin12
ISP7 KCOL14=pin48
ISP10 GND=pin18

KCOL0=pin52 must be pulled low by 470 ohm resistor (to gnd)
KCOL6=pin41 must be pulled hi by 1k ohm resistor . (to vcc)
pin46=VCC 3.3V

CyrusCC

CyrusCC
Registered
Golden

no this is not true bro .
you must connect
ISP1 KCOL5=pin36
ISP3 KCOL13=pin47
ISP5 KCOL12=pin12
ISP7 KCOL14=pin48
ISP10 GND=pin18

KCOL0=pin52 must be pulled low by 470 ohm resistor (to gnd)
KCOL6=pin41 must be pulled hi by 1k ohm resistor . (to vcc)
pin46=VCC 3.3V

Just an edit:

ISP5 KCOL12 is pin 43 of IC and not 12. Thanks

CyrusCC

CyrusCC
Registered
Golden

Hi,

Could you please provide me a schematic for NPCE288GA0DX? I would be grateful for that. I try to make an adapter for it.I don't know what ISP keyboard adapter should I use for my programmer as the only ISP connector I have is for ITE models. I don't want to risk it.

Thanks

Hosein Asadolahi

Staff member
Registered

Hi,

Could you please provide me a schematic for NPCE288GA0DX? I would be grateful for that. I try to make an adapter for it.I don't know what ISP keyboard adapter should I use for my programmer as the only ISP connector I have is for ITE models. I don't want to risk it.

Thanks
sorry , unavailable .