Unlock Bios Password Macbook Pro 2018 user (system) password

eoprava

Unnamed

reputation_scoree

Hello. We normally unlock all UEFI pass but now we need access data after death of a owner of the laptop. So it´s Mac OS Monterey, newest, updated to latest version, we need to remove system password for the custommer (family of the dead person)
We already tried to boot system recovery but there is no option for terminal, also the HDD is locked (Encrypted some way). So even if we boot from installer , we can´t mount internal hard drive to unlock the pass from it.

Kind of a complicated issue we have this piece on service for 2 weeks and we need to solve it. Otherwise we will return it if it´s not possible to Unlock the pass.

Thank you for brief reply
Peter

eoprava

Unnamed

reputation_scoree

Hello.

We HDD don´t require password on startup, but user account on MAC os require pass.
Do you have any ideas how to unlock it ?
We also know how to remove pass on BIOS only remove the code with the pass, this is more difficult, i mean is there an bootable utility to remove the pass as it is for Windows user password remove?

Vahab Hemmati

Support Team
Staff member
Admin

Hello.

We HDD don´t require password on startup, but user account on MAC os require pass.
Do you have any ideas how to unlock it ?
We also know how to remove pass on BIOS only remove the code with the pass, this is more difficult, i mean is there an bootable utility to remove the pass as it is for Windows user password remove?
Hi
i think there is no solution for user account pass

did you try reinstall Mac OS ?

1. Start up your Mac pressing Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R.
  2. Once you see the macOS Utilities screen choose the Reinstall macOS option.
  3. Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
  4. Select your startup disk and click Install.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic