File Request HP Elitebook 1040 G3 - Remove BIOS Password

arlati

reputation_scoree

MotherBoard Model
Don't know - Laptop Model is HSTNN-Q99C
Laptop Model
HP Elitebook 1040 G3
Hi there

Need instructions on how to remove the BIOS password from my HP Elitebook 1040 G3 (HSTNN-Q99C).
Please advise and let me know the price and your bank account that I can send the money immediately.

Best regards
mik

arlati

reputation_scoree

Hi Mahla

Many thanks for your quick response.
How can i make a BIOS password without knowing the current password? Sorry for asking like a noob... ;-)

Thanks,
mik

arlati

reputation_scoree

I was many years ago - but today, not really - IT professional, yes, but - meanwhile in SAP business with my company (www.arlati.ch)... so, I am familiar with computer hardware very well, but when I try to backup the BIOS, it asks me for the current BIOS password. So, is there another way to take the backup without providing the current password?

And I am not in a mood to disassemble this laptop and freaking around with programming some chips and so on. Life is too short... ;-)

Thanks,
mik

arlati

reputation_scoree

I just disassembled it, removed cmos battery and main battery, pressed power button for 1min, left the laptop for 15mins. Result: Time and Date lost, all Settings reset to default. So far so good. But, the BIOS password still exists. Any idea?

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2

arlati

reputation_scoree

Got the BIOS dump after some tricks... :)

Attachments

• hp_elitebook_1040_g3.rom
    8 MB · Views: 6

arlati

reputation_scoree

Wow - that was quick! Many thanks! But... how can I write this ROM to the Bios now? Which tool would you recommend?

arlati

reputation_scoree

Hi Mahla

Sorry for late response. Still waiting for my Chip Programmer Set - I get back to you, as soon as I destroyed, uhm FIXED I meant, my laptop.
Hope it will work as expected...

Best regards
mik

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic