unlock password bios ourselves

jayson1985

Golden

reputation_scoree

Hello everyone,

I know I've already asked the question here, but I'm not really satisfied with the answers provided. I've been searching online for methods to remove BIOS passwords using various means from different manufacturers. It seems like it's a well-guarded secret since none of the methods suggested online work. I know you offer requests to remove BIOS passwords, but would it be wise to teach us how to remove them ourselves?

Perhaps you already have videos on this topic; if so, I haven't come across them yet.

However, I still have several questions:
If I have a Lenovo T480s with a BIOS password, is it possible to retrieve a T480s BIOS available on the forum to unlock it?

Thank you for your response =)

jayson1985

Golden

reputation_scoree

Hello,

I have a question. I currently have a T480S, and I extracted the original BIOS. Then, I tried to use a T480S BIOS I found on the forum. I turned on my computer, and initially, the power LED blinked 3 times, then nothing. So, I tried to restore the original BIOS. When I connect the power cable, the charging LED lights up red and then goes off, and the power LED lights up white and then goes out. In the end, the computer doesn't turn on anymore.

Do you have any idea how to get it to turn on?

Salimeh Bolboli

Staff member
Admin

Hello,

I have a question. I currently have a T480S, and I extracted the original BIOS. Then, I tried to use a T480S BIOS I found on the forum. I turned on my computer, and initially, the power LED blinked 3 times, then nothing. So, I tried to restore the original BIOS. When I connect the power cable, the charging LED lights up red and then goes off, and the power LED lights up white and then goes out. In the end, the computer doesn't turn on anymore.

Do you have any idea how to get it to turn on?
Could you please send the motherboard model and the Bios file which has password?

jayson1985

Golden

reputation_scoree

Thank you for your response. I hope the original BIOS is not corrupted.
Thank you for your prompt response. I've injected the new "UNLOCKED" BIOS. Then I powered on the motherboard, but nothing happens. (see the video) Before performing the BIOS manipulations, the motherboard powered up correctly. I was able to set a BIOS password to conduct my tests. Since I ran my tests with other BIOS versions, the motherboard no longer responds.

Based on your experience and that of your colleagues, have you ever encountered this type of issue? Thank you for your help =)

Attachments

• T480S.mp4
    6.2 MB

Salimeh Bolboli

Staff member
Admin

Have you followed this Instructions?
"Instructions for use"

Remove all battery and CMOS battery

press F1 to enter setup: password 1234
wait 20sec or more.
Enter any ID to hardware Id.
Press 2x space bar when asked.
Turn off the computer.
and restore your original bios .

Enjoy.

If 2x 5beep, it's normal.
I didn't do checksum but it must light up anyway.
Wait minimum 30sec before screen logo light on. Must turn on/off several times by itself.

jayson1985

Golden

reputation_scoree

Have you followed this Instructions?
"Instructions for use"

Remove all battery and CMOS battery

press F1 to enter setup: password 1234
wait 20sec or more.
Enter any ID to hardware Id.
Press 2x space bar when asked.
Turn off the computer.
and restore your original bios .

Enjoy.

If 2x 5beep, it's normal.
I didn't do checksum but it must light up anyway.
Wait minimum 30sec before screen logo light on. Must turn on/off several times by itself.
As you can see in the video, I don't have a white indicator light when I press the power button. It's as if an instruction was given to the motherboard not to start. I'm thinking about the super SIO for example.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic