Finty.co the Best Repair Shop Management Software 💪30-Day Free Trial ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

File Request Need bios for BM5866 V1.3 300E/500E

Gray1579

reputation_scoree

I need a Bios for Lenovo Chromebook 100e gen 2. Looks like it has a Gigadevice Bios. Does that sound right? I have 1.8 volts on #8 pin on bios so I guess I would need to flash at 1.8 volts? Never flashed a Chromebook, so be gentle. Any other information needed please just ask.

BM5866 V1.3 300E/500E​

Gray1579

reputation_scoree

I need a Bios for Lenovo Chromebook 100e gen 2. Looks like it has a Gigadevice Bios. Does that sound right? I have 1.8 volts on #8 pin on bios so I guess I would need to flash at 1.8 volts? Never flashed a Chromebook, so be gentle. Any other information needed please just ask.

BM5866 V1.3 300E/500E​

P

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 2

Support Staff no.1

Support Team
Staff member
Admin

BM5866 V1.3 300E/500E​

Attachments

• BM5866 V1.3.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 13

Gray1579

reputation_scoree

Thanks for the attached file. Forgive me for asking, but this will take care of my
"Managed By" probem?

Gray1579

reputation_scoree

I bought this laptop at a yardsale and it has “managed by “ a school. I contacted the school and gave them the serial number and notified them that I had bought it. They replied that it was their policy not to unlock decommissioned laptops. So I bought a laptop that I can not use. I was thinking that if I flashed the bios it would unlock the Chromebook. I am open to advise. I am thinking about just throwing the thing in the trash.

Support Staff no.1

Support Team
Staff member
Admin

I bought this laptop at a yardsale and it has “managed by “ a school. I contacted the school and gave them the serial number and notified them that I had bought it. They replied that it was their policy not to unlock decommissioned laptops. So I bought a laptop that I can not use. I was thinking that if I flashed the bios it would unlock the Chromebook. I am open to advise. I am thinking about just throwing the thing in the trash.
just program the file and test it
give it a try

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic