Finty.co the Best Repair Shop Management Software 💪30-Day Free Trial ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Solve 3.3V Problem On Lenovo G500 And G510

Admin

Founder
Staff member
Admin

Today lesson is about our experience on Lenovo G500 and G510

These laptops have similar board; its common problem is IC pu401 which provide 3.3v of the board, Heats a lot. And with replacing also problem is still there, it heats again, after consideration, we have reached to this that 3.3v goes to I/O. I/O checks which components need 3.3v and checks 3.3v voltage is ok or not? After consideration on I/O, 3.3v goes back to IC pu401. It returns to pu401 to get distributed on other components.

IC-pu401-problem-1.png
The finger is indicating to PU401 IC

If one of the IC on the board has problem, this 3.3v gets disconnected, in this case it damages I/O itself too. I/O number is KB9012 A4. if I/O does not work , this IC pu401 heats too as result it can’t provide its voltage ,for test, this IC KB9012 its 33 pin needs 3.3v for working , I test with buzzer test.On 33 pin of the IC has connection with GND, because of this connection,it needs to remove IC I/O.
Then I searched the cause of the problem which affected this IC G500 to stop 3.3v. I have reached to this point that IC sound burns and Burned IC sound damages I/O too.

IC-pu401-problem-2.png
This is Sound IC

If you come crossed with such problem, please check 33 pins of I/O, test it, if it has disconnection, then I/O has problem so remove it. Again check the 33 pin of the chip; if it has the same problem, search for other IC which uses 3.3v, in this board, usually this sound IC burns, it’s a common problem in this board ,I remove the IC sound and will test the 33 pin of the chip again.
Ic-pu401-problem-3.png

In this picture, testing with Buzzer test the 33 pin of I/O

If it was ok, replace the I/O and replace the sound IC too and usually IC pu401 also damages and it needs replacement too

First of all test it, if it has not voltage, and then change it. We have changed those components and programmed with SVOD. There are 3.3v and 5 volt too. At last motherboard works well.

Attachments

• Lenovo-G510-500-3.3v-problem.zip
    100.7 MB · Views: 33
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic